Re: Nautilus not able to run as root?

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:23:05 +0200, Michał Majchrowicz <mmajchrowicz gmail com> wrote:

Hi.
First of all you are right 'su -' works. I didn't notice the '-' :)
I don't know what is the difference but there is :)

From the su manpage

  The optional argument - may be used to provide an environment similar to
  what the user would expect had the user logged in directly.

Second thing. I don't know whether nautilus is somehow connected to
dialogs. I only assumed they are connected in some way since they
stopped working at the same time :)

The file open dialog is provided by gtk+

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach siemens com