toolbar misbehaving

Hello.
I installed Fedora 7 on two computer, and one of them has a strange toolbar behavior.

Normally, any window (whether visible or 'minimized') is represented by an icon in the bottom toolbar. This machine does not do that. There is a graphic in the workplace switcher (at the right). Furthermore, when I click the 'minimize' icon at the upper right of a window, it completely disappears (and seems to go into the trashcan in the right edge of the toolbar).

These two machines have (more or less) identical installations; I customized them, so they might be a bit off. Did I skip a vital library in my customization?