Re: Column view update & issues

Hello,

At 8:11 AM -0700 3/21/07, Gene Z. Ragan wrote:
That sounds very similar to Apple's patented "spring loaded folders".

Indeed, "spring loaded folders" is what I had in mind. I did not use the term because I wanted also the people that don't know macosx to understand what I meant.

With regard to the following, it would have been better if I had added the term to my previous email.

I am not going to comment on what I think of that patent, but I think there may be a GNOME policy to avoid similar features. Someone with more knowledge
of this issue can probably comment.

I didn't know that it was patented. Further, I don't have the knowledge, what the fact about it being patented implies.

Thanks for pointing to the potential patent issue.

Francesco