Re: A simple bug in nautilus,

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 19:13 +0530, Ravi Shanker wrote:

> I don't know what is behind this problem, but seems the gnome actually
> waits for the maximum allowed time for the return value and then get the
> mouse-cursor back to normal mode.

this is not a problem in nautilus: it's mozilla that's not terminating
the startup notification sequence correctly, in case it already has an
instance running. hence, nautilus can only wait for the timeout (which
is 30 seconds).

mozilla is a single instance application: each time you launch a new
instance it'll check if there's already one running, will contact that
instance and tell it to open a new URL; then the newly launched instance
will quit. it should also notify the launcher that the startup
notification sequence was completed, so that the launcher can act on
that. if mozilla doesn't notify the launcer there's not much the
launcher (in this case nautilus) can do, except wait for the timeout.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com