Re: Hide menu bar

@Calum Benson
Are you saying that it will be available in next release (2.24 or 2.26)?

@Matthias Clasen
What is wrong with my arguments?
I never use it. Why would I? Let me explain.

1. Help menu? I use Ubuntu for 7 months now. I have never used Help menu.
2. Bookmarks menu.
I have never used it. Why? Because you set it once, and forget about it. Drag and drop is easier. Keyboard shortcuts.
3. Go menu
I  have never used it. All I need is available on Main Toolbar.
4. View menu.
I use only "Show Hidden Files" from this menu, but keyboard shortcut is better.
5. Edit menu.
I use only Preferences. I don't use it often. "Context menu" and keyboard shortcuts are, again, better.
6. File menu.
Never used it.

Lot of people would agree with me. You can hide Main toolbar, but you can not Menu toolbar?
Nautilus will have tabs. It will take more space. For me this is important.
You can choose to use it or not.

The arguments not to do this:
1. Nautilus will became code bloated.
2. You have better plans for Nautilus and GNOME.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:

> However we did it, we should make sure the same feature in gnome-terminal
> behaved the same way.  (Currently, you re-enable the menubar in
> gnome-terminal via the right-click menu.)

I'd like to argue against deriving any general ui rules from terminal
quirks that are only there because people have strong feelings about
compatibility of terminal emulators.

Is there any good argument for hiding the nautilus menubar ?