Re: Doubts on writing a nautilus view

[snip]

Basically, it is going to be painful.

nautilus-extension is quite limited in what you are allowed to do with
files from it. You will need to write a NautilusView (or whatever part I
missed when I read the code) directly in nautilus sources to achieve
what you want to do and you will probably need to write a gnome-vfs or a
gvfs backend for the backup backend you are using to avoid having to do
too much hacking in nautilus itself and it makes sense wrt to separation
of the viewing material from the material itself.

All of this is not currently possible to do in python. C/GObject is
required. Nautilus has not much documentation outside of what you can
find in /docs or in the comments of the source code itself (no gtk-doc
API currently also I started work on this, it's purely on free time
which I don't have much of currently).

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org>