Re: Packages

On lun, 2008-02-04 at 10:51 +0100, Pedro Macanás wrote:
> I suggest the Debian version of Nautilus include all the packages ending in
> *.deb by open by "dpkg -i".

Please send Debian-specific requests to the BTS (bugs.debian.org).

> So, offline installation would be easier (growing the usability and
> easiness). I have a big problem, because I moved from a house to other one
> and I cannot connect to the Internet using Linux. So I have to download
> manually the packages and later install them using dpkg.
>
> I would include an utility similar to apt-zip (and Synaptic) in Nautilus or
> links to them.

Hmmm, let me see…
      * Right-click on a .deb
      * Open with another application…
      * Select the “Available applications” tab
      * Double-click on Gdeb
      * Enter your password
And voilà.

Feel free to propose (or implement!) improvements to synaptic to be able
to install packages out of the box.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.