Re: gio/nautilus-related question: desktop and document icons instead of emblems?

Am Mittwoch, den 20.02.2008, 10:28 +0100 schrieb Alexander Larsson:
> On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 19:47 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Its true that it is cached, but the caches are never updated, and
> nautilus allows changing these directories (and there is the
> desktop-is-home gconf setting), so the cache could go out of sync with
> the on-disk config and in-nautilus handling.
>
> Any nautilus handling of this would have to happen with
> nautilus_get_xdg_dir().

Isn't this a glib bug? Can't glib monitor the xdg directory through gio,
at least for applications that use a main loop? If it's to obtrusive to
do this by default, we can of course make it optional by offering an
installation/uninstallation glib API call.

best regards,
 Christian

--
Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org>