Desirable feature in Nautilus

Hi,
I really appreciate how Nautilus work and I would like to propose a feature I'd find really useful.

Let's say I have a nautilus window displaying "/" and some root subdirectories unfolded. If I press "F5" or "reload" the view is updated and any unfolded window is folded back. I find this a bit annoying, especially when the directory I'm looking at is quite nested. Besides, I think it should be possible to upload just a specific directory, for instance by right-clicking on it and then choosing "update".

Thanks