Re: Single click selection with checkboxes, revisited

On Jan 11, 2008 12:34 PM, Olaf Frączyk <olaf cbk poznan pl> wrote:
> Would you consider having additional column for these checkboxes?
> It would make it possible to switch the feature on and off in an easy
> way. Additionally it would make possible sorting based on selection.
> The drawback is that it may look not so nice, but I didn't check.

Sure. At the very least I think it would be a good idea to try it, it
may be an improvement. :)

Maybe it's easier, implementation-wise, to do it that way as well,
especially if waiting with the "select all"-checkbox in the header
until later?

I still think that the Vista way of hiding unchecked boxes and showing
them only on hover is a great idea as it doesn't feel busy, while
still very intiutive, even if going with a separate column.

> I'm thinking about ListView, of course.

If it was easy to do in listview, as a separate column, that would be
a large step forward to start with, IMO. Then I could use listview
more often for now. Doesn't help the desktop, but one step at the
time. :)

-- Stoffe

--
Kristoffer Lundén