Re: automounting / autorunning

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 00:33 +0100, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 14/01/2008 alle 03.33 -0500, David Zeuthen ha scritto:
>
> [cut]
>
> I think this is great, but I get a gnome-mount crash when inserting a
> disc (the disc is still mounted fine though).

This is just a bug in gnome-mount when it's trying to mount something
that is already mounted. It's g-v-m racing against nautilus, both trying
to mount media. Just uninstall g-v-m or disable automounting in g-v-m.

(I'll try to fix gnome-mount. Thanks for the stack trace)

> By the way, is gnome-mount still necessary?

Yeah, it's still used. For gvfs for 2.24 I hope to replace it with
native D-Bus calls in the gvfs hal backend...

> Also, USB pens automount do not work since I upgraded to Nautilus
> 2.21.x. Is it a known problem?

Works for me and all the Fedora Rawhide installations I've seen;
probably a distro / configuration problem?

> > Some things I'm undecided about
> >
> >  - what should happen if you double-click an mount icon? Either we open
> >    the folder; otherwise we launch the configured program. I'm leaning
> >    to the former and then having a clue-bar in the folder window. I
> >    don't know.
> >
> >  - should the available handlers for x-content/* appear in an Open With
> >    menu when right-clicking a mount icon?
>
> I think the clue bar is the best solution; opening the default
> application on double click is one of the things I always hated in MS
> Windows. Also, it sounds good to have the handlers in the context menu
> on right click.

I prefer this too. Also because it's what will happen if you double
click the icon in the file chooser...

     David