Re: multiple desktops

Hi Sriram,

thanks a lot for the answer,

(http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.3.html#id2494292),
> you'll need to monitor the "_NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP"
> window manager hint
> through libwnck.  (not sure if there are python
> bindings for that)

there are, my python script uses wnck bindings to
monitor change of workspace. this part of the script
works. Whenever i change workspace the Desktop
directory changes.

But i dont know how to make Nautilus aware that the
Desktop directory has been changed from within python
script. So each time i have to hit Ctrl+R to refresh
Desktop view and see new Desktop.

So i was wondering how to force Nautilus to reload the
Desktop directory, maybe via dbus.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?