Re: multiple desktops

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 13:33 -0800, Sergey Krivov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a simple python scripts which changes Desktop
> folder when current workspace is changed. The script
> basically simlinks the Desktop folder to different
> folders. However, each time to make the changes
> visible i have to reload Desktop by hitting Ctrl+R. Is
> there any way to invoke this from within a python
> script, i.e., via dbus?

Nautilus is normally using file monitoring on the directories its
monitoring, which should detect this i believe. Since it doesn't there
must be something strange going on, either with your setup or exactly
how nautilus monitors the desktop dir (maybe it being a symlink is the
problem?). Try to experiment with chaninging files in the desktop dir
and see if you can get it to work...