Re: [REGRESSION] gvfs mount names not translated in UI

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 14:38 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 24/01/2008 alle 12.16 +0100, Alexander Larsson ha
> scritto:
> > On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 11:40 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > > Names/Labels for gvfs non local uris (trash:, computer:, burn:, smb:)
> > > are not displayed using the translations available in gvfs package.
> > >
> > > So, for example, for LANG=it the window title and the bottom left button
> > > label for trash:// is "Trashcan", while it should be "Cestino" (the
> > > Italian translation available in gvfs.po).
> > >
> > > Maybe there are some missing _() somewhere...
> >
> > Hmm, i think we might be missing a setlocale() in daemon-main.c...
> > Can you try adding that in daemon_init and restart the trash daemon?
>
> The attached patch make window titles translated. Commit?

No, that is called multiple times in some cases. Instead put it in
daemon_init() in daemon/daemon-main.c. Oh, and also in main() in
daemon/main.c.

> Still, gvfs mount entries in GtkFileSelector using gio backend are
> untranslated.

I think i know the problem. The code is using _() mapped to gettext and
not dgettext() which only works if the domain is set to the gvfs domain,
which it is only inside the gvfs binaries.

> > > PS it seems instead that desktop icon caption for trash is translated:
> > > this is strage, 'cause captions for smb:// mounts aren't (while, as
> > > above, available in Italian translation). It seems that nautilus is
> > > still providing translations for it[1]. Shouldn't instead always use the
> > > label from gvfs?
> >
> > Well, thats kinda different, the trash desktop icon is sort of a links
> > to the target rather than the target itself. Whereas the mounts are
> > taken from gvfs. I don't think its a huge issue.
> >
> OK for me, but if so, gvfs and nautilus should both the same label:
> Trash or Trashcan

Yep! Care to fix?

> Similar for burn:// -> "CD Burner" in gvfs vs "CD/DVD Creator" in
> nautilus(-cd-burner)

Yeah. Just sloppiness from my side.