Re: The perfect file manager

On 30 Jun 2008, at 15:36, A. Walton wrote:

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:28 AM, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 11:37 -0500, Travis Watkins wrote:
- tabs (Windows Vista, and Apple's OS X are far behind this feature)
This is being worked on.

I've read about this on this list. It sounds scary. Does anyone have a
screenshots of the work in progress? Thanks.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/05/27/gnome-file-manager-gets-tabbed-file-browsing

And for closer investigation:
svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/nautilus/branches/multiview/

I still wish somebody would just invest the effort in implementing tabs at the window manager level, instead of continually trying to decide which applications deserve tabs and which ones don't, and trying to make sure the ones that do all behave the same :/

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team