Re: =?UTF-8?Q?Let=E2=80=99s?= get back the expander column

Le lundi 21 juillet 2008 à 12:19 +0200, Christian Neumair a écrit :
> Thanks for keeping at it. Feel free to commit patch _after_ the next GTK
> + release, together with an #ifdef and a check in configure.in.
>
> Otherwise, we'd break systems where GTK+ has not been upgraded, but
> Nautilus.

I’m not fond of enabling bug quirks depending on a version found at
build time.

First, a version can tell about features, but it does not tell about
whether a bug is present or not. The eclipse debacle still reminds us of
how this can turn wrong.

Furthermore, this is not enough to guarantee the version will be
available at runtime. If there have been no ABI additions in this
release, the dependencies will allow to install nautilus with a version
without the bug fixed.

Rhythmbox and the GTK+ filechooser have used expander columns for quite
some time despite this bug; it is only annoying when you try to resize
the columns.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.