Re: Licensing: Nautilus and GLPv3?

Am Samstag, den 26.07.2008, 12:37 -0400 schrieb Joshua Judson Rosen:
> Is Nautilus likely to move to GPLv3 at some point, or is it going to
> stick with GPLv2 for the foreseeable future? Is this the right forum
> for this question?
>
> I'm asking because I'm working an auxiliary project that includes some
> patches to Nautilus, and I'm trying to determine which license would
> be most appropriate for my own code.

As of writing, I do not see any concrete reason for switching the
license. On the other hand, it is quite tedious to ask each single
developer who has ever contributed for permission.

However, feel free to submit your patches as "GPL v2 or later". If you
like the GPL 3 and trust the FSF, it does not hurt.

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

--
Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org>