drag and drop not causing update_file_info to be called

hi all

i'm writing a nautilus extension that depends pretty heavily on managing
emblems on certain files. i've noticed that the update_file_hook is
called whenever any activity is done on the file system *except* for
when a file is dragged from one folder to another in nautilus (i would
expect that an update file info would be called on the file after it has
moved). this makes it impossible for my extension to detect when a file
moved to another location through drag and drop and thus remove or add
an emblem as necessary.

i did figure out a workaround. connecting a callback to the "changed"
signal of the NautilusFileInfo object. now my extension can notified
when the file changes location, unfortunately i see no easy way to reset
the information on the file. if i call invalidate_file_info on the file
from the changed callback it ends up in a terrible infinite loop. if
there was a way that i could remove an emblem without having to
invalidate the file info that would solve my problem.

can anyone comment on this? i'm currently not on this list so please cc
me. thanks!!

rian