Help wanted about extensions

Hello:

I'm new developing Nautilus stuff. Right now I'm trying to develop a
Nautilus extension in Python, which launches an application from a
menu item on a folder popup menu, must add an emblem to that folder
and, in another moment, remove it. I successfully launched the
application, but I found some problems when working with emblems. I
found that there exists the function nautilus_file_info_add_emblem(),
which adds an emblem per session basis, so the emblem  is not
persistent through user's different sessions. My first cuestion is: Is
there any way I can do this in a persistent manner? The other problem
is that there is no way I can remove the emblem using nautilus
extensions. Is there any way to achieve that? I would find very useful
the existence of something like a nautilus_file_info_remove_emblem()
function. I think this two functions should exist and work in a
persistent manner. Or maybe I'm just lost and not following the
correct path. Please, any help will be highly apreciated.

cheers,

Dariem

PS - Forgive my English, I'm not a native speaker of the language ;-)