Re: multimedia columns in list view

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 01:00 +0200, yelo_3 wrote:
> Well I've understood that I must add columns in this way:
> nautilus_column_new(ID, ATTRIBUTE, LABEL, DESCRIPTION);
>
> what scares me is that ATTRIBUTE must be understood by
> get_string_attribute(NautilusFileInfo* file, const char* ATTRIBUTE)
> I see that there is a add_string_attribute(NautilusFileInfo *file,
> const char *attribute_name, const char *value)
> So it should be that someone must call this function when listing the
> files inside a directory. Where does this happen?

You can add custom attributes to files with the NautilusInfoProvider
interface.
I found this tutorial [1] which is outdated for some parts, but it's
still a good start for wrting Nautilus extensions, and it has an example
of creating a column listing custom attributes which should be exactly
what you are trying to do :)

[1]
http://taschenorakel.de/svn/repos/bulldozer/trunk/documentation/NautilusExtensions.html

--