Re: multimedia columns in list view

> What I was mentioning was:
> - Rhythmbox reading the tags, and writing the xattrs
> - The nautilus view reading from those xattrs
If I go this way, I think there are 2 problems:
1. no tags if rhtyhmbox is not used / not launched / not having *all*
music files of your HDD in its library
2. no tags for video files

> You seem to be completely gone on a tagent which isn't what I advised.
> If you want to make totem-video-indexer write the xattrs, what are you
> going to use to get the indexer called?
If I go this way I could do:
1. test if a file has xattrs
2. if not, spawn asynchronously totem-video-indexer for each file and
fill nautilus columns using the asynchronous methods

Anyway both approaches have a problem: if the user changes the tags,
they are not automatically written to xattrs of course.
This might mean that the best way is to not cache tags in xattrs...