Re: How to make a mockup?

On 29 May 2008, at 12:17, Olaf Frączyk wrote:

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 10:22 +0800, Long Gao wrote:
Hi, all, h
  How do you make mockups? Using gimp? They look like real very
much...
By using some GUI builders, like eg. Glade.

For most purposes, though, there is no need to use a computer tool at all. Most GUI designers start with pencil and paper, or at most, the basic wireframe drawing tools in something like Inkscape or OpenOffice. It's quite possible (and often much easier) to 'test' pencil-and-paper designs with users to get good early feedback.

Normally we only use Glade or GIMP much later on, when we've had enough feedback from users to know that the design is ready to take to the next level of fidelity.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team