Re: nautilus & hidden files

I'm suspecting that when GIO searches for hidden file attribute it
does not search in xattr. Anyway in glocalfileinfo.c a function
extracts xattr tags and automatically converts them to GFileInfo
attributes in this way:
xattr-sys::attr_name (if the xattr tag is not user specific)
xattr:attr_name (if the tag is user specific)

So I think that you can give the xattr name you like for hidden files,
I suggest "system.hidden", which should become (if I understood well)
"xattr-sys:hidden".

The thing we must do in GIO is to add a check to this new tag in the
function g_file_info_get_is_hidden().