Re: Nautilus With Tiled Child Panes

Hi Darin,

This made me think of the AUI (Advanced User Interface) which exists
in wxWidgets/wxPython. It allows you to arrange tabs in almost any way
you could desire, and it might fit what you are looking for. I
attached a flash tutorial I made for an application that uses it, so
check it out and let me know if that is what you are thinking of. Note
that when you see a green arrow, it requires you to click it to
continue.

Since nautilus isn't written in wxWidgets this might be hard to
accomplish, and it is probably something that belongs in whatever
handles tabs, I assume GTK. If this feature were desired in GTK one
could look at the GTK port of wxWidgets and see how they implement AUI
there.

- Mike