Re: Filename sorting order

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 16:39 -0400, Robert Funnell wrote:
> In 2007 Oct there was a thread 'Nautiles doesn't sort files
> alfabetically' in which it was stated that 'There is no way to disable
> the special handling of numbers when sorting on names'. Is this still
> true? Also, is it possible to make the sorting case sensitive?
> If I want these things in a GUI, should I just use Konqueror?

String sorting is a locale specific setting. If you want to change the
sorting behaviour, change LC_COLLATE as with all other standard posix
apps (see man locale). The "C" locale gives you case sensitive sorting.

There is however no way to disable the special number handling.

If you want to use Konqueror, that is fine with me.