Re: Nautilus virtual single window for multiple backends

Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 11:24 +0530, Sankar P wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have two gvfs backends installed in my machine, say "nds" and "smb".
>> Now I am able to launch "nautilus smb://"  and "nautilus nds://" and get
>> nautilus windows opened successfully.
>>
>> Is there a way by which I can open a single nautilus window which has
>> "smb://" and "nds://" as the window contents, and upon clicking each of
>> these icons, the individual backends should be loaded.
>
> There is no way to get this kind of union mount thing right now. I also
> don't think its something that is useful to expose to users (plus it has
> all the traditional issues that union mounts generally has).
>
> Why would you want to do something like this anyway? Care to describe
> your usecase?

Sorry for the late reply.

The use case is being able to get all the backends in a single window, so that the user can choose whichever he wants to see in detail.
I believe the usecase is not so strong and such a feature may not be important.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Sankar