Re: file based check for top left text preview

If I'm putting things together right, then Nautilus depends on whether
the icon it's using for the text file to determine whether to display
preview text or not. The area for text previews is listed in a file with
the icon's name and the '.icon' extension (ie. 'gtk-file.icon' for the
icon 'gtk-file.png', etc.) in the same directory as the icon. It's
determined with the option EmbeddedTextRectangle under [Icon Data]; I'm
pretty sure the syntax is 'EmbeddedTextRectangle=x1,y1,x2,y2' defining
the top left and bottom right corners of a rectangle, and 0 <=
x1,x2,y1,y2 <= 1000.

Hypothetically you should be able to disable text file previews for
specific mimetypes by removing that option from the icon for that
mimetype. I doubt this will actually solve your problem, but you never
know.

Brian