Signaling Nautilus

Hi again, Nautilus guys,

I'm currently implementing the display of Nautilus-Actions actions as a submenu of Nautilus context menu. Noting very hard here ;-). To keep some backward compatibility, this is a preference which can be edited with nautilus-actions-config-tool (NACT).

My problem is that Nautilus only rebuilds its context menu when the selection changes.

So, changing the preference in NACT doesn't change the Nautilus context menu, but modifying the current selection.

I'm not sure, but I think that I cannot send a "items-updated" signal from another process to Nautilus.

IMHO, the most elegant solution would be to advertise Nautilus of a such modification, through something like a DBus call. What would you think of a such solution ?

Second, I believe that there were a GSOC DBus project with Nautilus. Do you have any news about it ?

If no news, I'm willing to work on a patch to implement my needs in Nautilus, and so open a gate to other requests ;-)

Thanks in advance for your opinions
Regards
Pierre