Re: GEmblemedIcons help

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 09:54 +0100, Nicolò Chieffo wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the support. If I'm not wrong, you are also the GIO
> maintainer, so please observe this patch to GIO for emblems!

I'm not quite sure that patch is a good idea as is.
g_get_user_special_dir() can't handle the special directories changing
during the runtime of the app, something which nautilus does (it tracks
renames of directories, sees if these are "special" dirs and then
changes the special dir. But with this patch nautilus would still show
the special icon on the old directory.

However, its kind of lame that we can't automatically get the right
icons for apps other than nautilus though, so we should try to do
something... Not quite sure what the best approach is though.