Re: Question about Debian Contrib

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 20.02.2009, 17:57 -0500 schrieb Cristian Gómez:
> nautilus is on version 2.24 marked as stable (I know Debian community
> has his own methods to promote packages from unstable to stable so
> they don't include v2.24 on testing or stable branch). How this fact
> does affect nautilus development? (considering the fact that only
> Debian developers test the last version, and it's not available to the
> public easily --packaged--).

In GNOME every even version is stable, it's not "marked". 2.20, 2.22,
2.24 are stable releases, and 2.26 will be a stable release.

Any distro can ship what they want.
How it affects upstream development? Well... probably less feedback, but
there are enough distros out there that do ship up-to-date versions.
Only thing that's annoying is all the 2.20 nautilus bug reports from
Debian in bugzilla.gnome.org. Nobody is interested in that noise because
nobody works on nautilus 2.20 or 2.22 in GNOME anymore.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed