Improve nautilus' saved searches

Hi,

I originally sent this proposal as a brainstorm idea. I would like to hear your thoughts on it, though:

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/17031

I have made three mockups proposing changes to improve nautilus' search functionality:

-Enter and leave search mode by clicking on the search button. First press leaves the button pressed and enters search mode, second press goes back to normal.
-Remove the "edit" button next to the search field, since it has no actual role in search mode.
-Move the "refresh" button to the side of the search field, to save space.
-Also, make saving more discoverable by including another button.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_49lyUbkK9k8/SWC5-chI17I/AAAAAAAAAKQ/o2hvKVL13yk/s1600 -h/Pantallazo.png

-Do not only search according to location and document type: offer as many search options as gnome-search-tool.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_49lyUbkK9k8/SWC5-34UA7I/AAAAAAAAAKY/JEMWDONksmQ/s1600 -h/Pantallazo2.png

-Make saved searches as similar to usual folders as possible, and show a regular navigation bar when opening a saved search.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_49lyUbkK9k8/SWC5_bV_mjI/AAAAAAAAAKg/msEhKrjogws/s1600 -h/Pantallazo3.png

Do you think these changes should (or could) be implemented? Please CC me if you reply to this mail, since I am not subscribed to the list.

Kind regards,

David.