Assigning icons to default folders in a users Home directory

Hi,

My name is Daniel Fore. I'm one of the developers working on the elementary project and elementary OS in particular.

There a few distros out there now that are shipping default with a few standard directories in a user's home folder. for example: Music, Pictures, Videos, Downloads, etc.

I'm wondering why nautilus doesn't assign icons to those folders in the same way it assigns a different icon the the ~/Desktop folder.

A lot of icon sets (including elementary icons) ship with custom folder icons already, so it's not like the artwork doesn't exist.

As far as the naming spec goes, it would follow that the folders would be called something like user-music, user-pictures, etc. So I don't see a major problem on that front either.

Is this something that's a really difficult thing to do, or could it easily be adapted from the same code I mentioned earlier that ~/Desktop possesses?

Thanks