Re: revamp nautilus UI (some proposals)

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Nicolò Chieffo<nicolo chieffo gmail com> wrote:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/28142399/Screenshot-yelo3%20-%20File%20Browser.png
>
> Here's my proposal:
> 1. merge main and location toolbar
> 2. always show the directory toolbar (the one you have when you go to
> trash) and put some common tasks (new, copy, cut, paste, trash, change
> view)
> 3. optionally change the search button with a GtkEntry (you can also
> put a "filter icon" at left and a "clear icon" at right if you like),
> and use "Filter" (actually it's a filter and not a search)
> 4. move the zoom to the status bar, and eventually change its shape to
> a GtkScale
>
> I would like to have your comments

Hello,

I did implement a quick and dirty patch (although working quite well)
for (4) a while back, please see :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2007-February/msg00057.html
for the patch (spatial windows only). I don't know if it still applies
cleanly though.

The feedback was the it would crowd the UI too much for a feature that
is rarely used.

Cheers,
Rached