Is it a bug of nautilus or gnome?

Greetings!

Here is my problem, I can run a exe file(built by monodevelop on
debian sid amd64) directly from command line like this:
Desktop:~/MyLife/Mono/OFSM_IDE/bin/Debug# ./OFSM_IDE.exe
but the same exe file cannot be launched by double click the file in
gnome, I heard that it's because the mono package maker has  installed
a BINFMT helper into the kernel to allow to execute this kind of exe
files like any other application, but looks like nautilus is
preventing BINFMT support, so i can run it from command line, but
cannot run it by double click.
Is it a bug of nautilus or is there some reason for it? thank you.

Star