FileInfo method get_string_attribute (Python bindings)

Hi,

I'm on a steep learning curve, trying to get my head round Python & gtk, so I can write my own Nautilus extension using the Python bindings.

There is documentation, of a kind here which is helping me:

http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/nautilus-python/trunk/examples/documentation.py?view=markup&pathrev=26

My goal is simple - to get and set a directory's custom icon depending on a number of conditions. I assume I need to do this through the InfoProvider class.

I can't see any explicit FileInfo method dealing with the custom icon. Is it done through (1) a string attribute via set/get_string_attribute, or (2) do I need to do it outside the Nautilus API through ~/.nautilus/xml files or gio?

If the former, is there a list of the possible "default" attributes which can be got (aside from custom ones you can set yourself).

If the latter, what is the best way of detecting which method nautilus is using to store custom icon info?

Any help much appreciated.

Nick