Nautilus's Bad Chinese Characters Encoding

Hi,
   I have found nautilus's encoding is limited by the OS's default
encoding,so the Chinese characters would appear like "?????invalid
encoding".I want to improve this situation but  don't want to mess up
nautilus's main code,so my idea is to write a nautilus extension
introducing a filename process layer to separate the file name data and
the encoded file name.I have tried the nautilus info provider ,which
seemed not working.Which type of extension should I actually use?