Bug 332078 - Search button should be a toggle button

Hello!

According to bug 332078 Nikos tries to convert the search button into a toggle-button.
As wished from the reporter he also implemented a "Go"-Button to execute the task.
But now there are a few decisions to make, which should be well discussed:

*)
When you untoggle the search button when you removed the search location, it now will show your home directory. This is already integrated, i think this is a good solution.

*) When changing the location in the criterion bar, clicking onto the search toggle shows the folder-content of this new location. Here it is questionable, if it should bring you back to the folder, where you started the search.

*) If you clicked the implemented "Go"-button the first time, the criterion-bar appears with the reload button. Then the go-button is dead and without function.
Maybe he should do the same thing as the reload button? Clicking on it should execute the search again.
Is it necessary then to have two buttons?
Should we unite the two buttons into one?
For example: After pressing Go the first time, the search results appear and the button becomes a reload button. The upper half of the criterion bar would be unnecessary then, because we can move the "add a new criterion"-button into the second line (on the far right) and can make the line with the "Search results"-text a lot smaller. This would also save screen space on netbooks.
Picture, how it can look like: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/32250950/mocup_search.jpg

I would be great if you had a look at this issue!
thanks,
Stefan Hammer