Re: Bug report about empty file operations dialog: caused by use of stat() where stat64() should be used?

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 21:45 +0100, Sense Hofstede wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sending this mail to inform about the possible causes of a bug
> report we received on Launchpad in Ubuntu. This bug --
> <https://launchpad.net/bugs/492655> -- is about the File Operations
> dialogue being blank. (More reports in forum threads [1][2].)
>
> Someone suggested that this could be caused that Nautilus uses stat()
> on large files as well, whereas files larger than 2 GB should be
> checked with stat64(). So far no user has responded, but I was
> wondering, can this indeed make the File operations dialogue go blank?

We do already use stat64, but that can't make a dialog go blank. From
the screenshot it looks like nautilus is blocking the main thread on
something so its not repainting the UI. The best way to debug something
like that is to get a backtrace from nautilus (with debug info) at the
time this is happening.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's an all-American albino cat burglar who dotes on his loving old ma. She's
an orphaned streetsmart nun trying to make a difference in a man's world. They
fight crime!