Re: Simplified Nautilus (with less chrome)

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 01:34 +0100, John Stowers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It seems another few "simplified Nautilus" blog posts are doing the
> rounds.
>
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/01/nautilus-simple-install-ppa-streaml
> ined.html
> http://www.webupd8.org/2010/01/nautilus-elementary-simplified-nautilus
> .html
>
> It would be good to keep these use-cases in mind and try and see that
> they are met if/when the toolbar editor branch lands.

The toolbar layout changed a bit in 2.29 due to the way the location
entry and pathbar have to work in a split view model. I just moved them
to the main toolbar without further thought or discussion, with the idea
that the exact default layout can be decided easier when the toolbar
editor stuff lands.

I'm not sure I agree with everything done in some of the examples of a
simplified nautilus, but much of it should be very simple when we have
working toolbar editing.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a time-tossed chivalrous cowboy with no name. She's a mentally unstable
out-of-work doctor with a birthmark shaped like Liberty's torch. They fight
crime!