Re: The Future of Nautilus: View Controls, Actions Toolbar, Previews

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 10:00 +0100, Allan Day wrote:

> One idea that has been brought up (thanks Lapo!) is a combined view and
> zoom control. Something like:
>
>   [View]
> +---^----+
> | [*]  | |
> |      | |
> | [*]  o |
> |      | |
> | [*]  | |
> +--------+
>
> We're still exploring this so any comments/ideas would be welcome.

I take that to represent a menu with 3 options (List, Icon, Compact) and
a vertical slider. Wasn't there talk about getting rid of compact view?

A marking menu could rock, using one direction for a slider.

With a rather low number of zoom levels, the levels and modes could be
the 2 axes of a grid, allowing to represent and change the state with a
single marker. There could be an in-place preview of the effect before
actual selection.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: