Re: Use compact layout in nautilus

On 10 Jun 2010, at 16:52, Calum Benson wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2010, at 11:32, Padraig O Briain wrote:
>
>> I am trying to figure out how 'Use compact layout'  in File Management Preferences works.
>>
>> If I tick it I see a difference in appearance in the Desktop but not in a directory in File Browser or in any other directory I open the File Browser.
>>
>> Should the 'Use compact layout' field impact the appearance of a newly opened directory in the File Browser?
>
> It should take effect immediately on all open and subsequently-opened windows, AFAIK. It does seem to be somewhat broken in b140.

Apologies, hadn't noticed this was going to an external mailing list :)  So for the benefit of everyone else, by 'b140', I mean OpenSolaris b140, which is running GNOME 2.30.0.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation, Ireland
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.