Re: The Future of Nautilus: Show the filesystem

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 14:04 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> > I don't think people, even technical should have to modify the default
> > UI just to be able to do things they need doing. A setting like this is
> > clearly not a "preference", its not about if you prefer it or not. Its
> > something you need to use (or not), so hiding it as a preference is imho
> > a bad idea.
>
> We already have a precedent for this with hidden files. They are
> required for many tasks.

Not that many, and additionally "View->show hidden files" is a lot more
visible than a magic preference in some tab in the preference dialog.
Its a regular, always visible menu item, and just scanning the menu
items in the main menu will let you find this.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a time-tossed day-dreaming cop plagued by the memory of his family's
brutal murder. She's a man-hating wisecracking wrestler fleeing from a Satanic
cult. They fight crime!