Re: Releasing context menu items ?

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 14:14 +0100, Pierre Wieser wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It appeared to me yesterday (or very soon this morning ;-)) that
> (at least) context menu items created by a menu provider extension
> are only released when changing current folder, not when changing
> the selection, and, when releasing, only those corresponding to the
> latest selection are, not those for previous selections.
>
> Does someone may confirm this ?

I haven't tried this, but looking at the  code it *seems* like it should
free the items in reset_extension_actions_menu, i.e. whenever updating
the context menu. However, the way it happens is a bit convolted, via
the nautilus_ui_unmerge_ui() call unreferencing the actions and thus the
items, so it could very well be an issue hiding in this complexity
somewhere.

It would be nice if you could look into this in more detail.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a maverick hunchbacked librarian whom everyone believes is mad. She's a
hard-bitten green-skinned bodyguard with an MBA from Harvard. They fight
crime!