Re: Add to playlist implementation

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Holger Berndt <berndth gmx de> wrote:
Hi Roshan,

On Fr, 19.03.2010 11:26, Roshan Singh wrote:

>> >I am a newbie to hacking nautilus. I always wished to have a "add to
>> >playlist option" in nautilus.
>>
>> I don't think that this makes much sense in Nautilus core. It could be
>> an extension, or probably even a Nautilus Script or nautilus-actions
>> script.
>>

>But, I was wondering, how will it be able to communicate with media players.

I guess that depends on the player (another reason why it doesn't
really fit into Nautilus' core). Players may have command line
parameters, or offer a D-Bus interface for that (Banshee, for example,
has a PlayQueue D-Bus interface with an EnqueueUri method that sounds
promising).

But, these simple things make Linux complicated for newbies. I just saw a script for VLC.
Is there some other promising way which later media players could implement. I would like
to take up this as my GSoC project.

--
Roshan Kumar Singh
http://roshansingh.wordpress.com