Nautilus Batch Rename

Hello all,
I think that renaming multiple files into a single step is a very interesting feature for all users.
I've been noticing that Nautilus still does not bring such feature by default.
Trying to learn how the code of the Nautilus works and how develop plugins,I developed a small extension to rename files in batch. The extension is very simple.
I would like to know what nautilus developers think about this feature, and why this feature has not been included in the core of nautilus.

Thanks
Anderson Martiniano