Re: Autostart virus danger

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
>    > Is there anything in Nautilus that controls prompting to run Autostart
>    > files from removable media when they are mounted?
>    >
>    > If not, is there anything elsewhere in GNOME that has control
>    > over this?
>
>    You should be able to control autorun behavior from the "Media" section
>    of the nautilus' preferences. Or is that not enough?
>
> We are miscommunicating, because you are offering user help.  I am not
> asking for help.  I am concerned about making the GNU system handle
> these issues the best way.
>
> Where is the _code_ that implements this behavior.  Is it in Nautilus?

Hi

Nautilus as any other GNOME components has its code in git, which you
can view online at http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/tree/.
And yes Nautilus manages the autorun warning that pops up, as pointing
previous this is
http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/tree/src/nautilus-autorun-software.c.

The Git web interface gives you the instruction to retrieve the code.

Bye

--
Baptiste Mille-Mathias
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés