Re: [patch] confirm before sending to trash

On Fr, 01.04.2011 14:58, Alexander Larsson wrote:

>On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 17:09 +0000, Giorgio F. Gilestro wrote:
>> >
>> > Actually this one sounds good regardless of the undo work. While at
>> > it, add the keyboard accelerator to the Edit > Move to Trash entry
>> > too, which should actually be there already.
>> >
>> > Rui
>>
>> Alright, let's see if we can agree on this one. I am attaching the patch
>> agains git master.
>
>Got ok from r-t so I pushed this to master.

I think that's probably even worse than the confirmation dialog. It's a
regression (makes it harder to manage files in a file manager) that
can't be turned off by the end user.

When you say moving to trash is dangerous, you surely don't mean the
action "move to trash" itself, as it's revertable and thus cannot be
dangerous. You probably mean the (lack of) visible feedback of that
action, and maybe also the situation that it's currently too hard to
restore the files from the trash.

I just think that making it harder to do things is the wrong way to
deal with UI shortcommings.

Holger