file operations from a plugin

Hi,

I'm writing a simple Nautilus 3 plugin for archiving files - it
effectively just add a menu item that moves the selected files to ~/archive.

It is working fine, I'm using GIO to do the moving, but it would be nice
to get the standard Nautilus user experience for the move operation -
i.e. have the progress window pop up when the files are being moved, an
error displayed if the move was unsuccessful, and so on.

Is this possible? From my reading of the extensions API, it's not, since
nautilus_menu_provider_get_file_items is only given a GTK window and a
file. Am I missing something? Can I get to Nautilus' guts from that
window object somehow?

Cheers,
//Mike

--