Re: compiling eel-2.26.0 and gdk_display

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 18:54 +0000, Daniele Guerrieri wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm trying to compile eel but i get:
> gdk_display undeclared in eel/eel-canvas-rect-ellipse.c
>
> and: undefined reference to GDK_DISPLAY in eel/eel-gdk-extensions.c ;
>
> is it correct to replace both gdk_display and GDK_DISPLAY with
> gdk_display_get_default (), like:
>
> sed 's/gdk_display/gdk_display_get_default()/'  eel-canvas-rect-ellipse.c
> 	sed 's/GDK_DISPLAY/gdk_display_get_default/' eel-gdk-extensions.c   ?

Yes, I believe that would work; please keep in mind the standalone eel
library has been deprecated for a long time (most of its general-purpose
classes are obsolete or have now an equivalent in the libraries GNOME
platform; Nautilus has still some eel bits it uses copied inside its own
source tree).

Also, unless you're trying to get eel to compile with GTK+ 3, it should
still be possible to build it fine without touching the code by enabling
deprecated symbols when compiling (e.g. by commenting out the
*_DISABLE_DEPRECATED directives from here [1]).

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/eel/tree/eel/Makefile.am#n12

Cosimo