Re: nautilus and 'not enough spce' on mapped ntfs shared drive

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 11:07 -0400, Dariusz Werhun wrote:
> I tried to mount from command line
> mount -t cifs //win2k/shared/drive /mnt/win2k -o user=xxx, password=***
>
> as well as from fstab:
> //192.168.0.1/shared/drive /mnt/win2k cifs username=xxx,password=***,uid=xxx,gid=xxx,umask=0333 0 0

Okay, this has nothing to do with gnome-vfs nor gvfs then, bugreport
should be filed against the samba component.

> It was mentioned that cifs may be not configured in a proper way, it was just installed without any configuration, where can find info about that, RedHat doesn't provide cifs,

Usually CIFS doesn't need any special settings. Please see mount.cifs(8)
manpage for mount options.

> What else, in open office I can 'save as' new document in mounted folder,
> In nautilus I can create new folder but I CANNOT create new file and copy.

Yes, most applications don't check for sufficient free space, Nautilus
does. But since you're on system mounts, Nautilus makes no difference,
treat them as local filesystems. You can try accessing your shares via
Nautilus/gnome-vfs directly.

> I'm performing some test trying to migrate from windows to linux in our production environment and it is another problem.

I'm sure Red Hat support will help you with your task deploying RHEL5:
http://www.redhat.com/support/

Regards,
--
Tomas Bzatek <tbzatek redhat com>